Monday, May 26, 2008

Finally, an update!

Wow….I know it has been forever since I updated this blog but things have been so crazy busy lately. We are in the process of finishing our basement (Shelby’s toys have overtaken the upstairs) and I was in Japan for a week and I don’t have as much time anymore since I run around after Shelby all night.

Shelby is doing great!! She is 16 months old!! She had her 15 month appt last month and weighed in at 21 lbs, 30 inches long. (still a little peanut!!). She did have a rough day and have to go to the hospital to give blood as the doctor is still concerned about her iron levels. But all tests came back normal so we just continue with the vitamins with extra iron. She is walking, running everywhere and getting into everything that she is not supposed to. She has a devilish grin when she knows she is up to something.

She isn’t talking as much as I think she should, but she sure can express herself. She shakes her head NO very strong when she doesn’t want something. If you ask her a question and her answer is NO, she definitely lets you know. She does say “mama, dada, up, da (dog), du (duck), UH, OH!” and her Grandma Hotton swore she said “mine” the other day when Shelby’s cousin, Mason, came over and took over her new toy lawnmower.

I had to go to Japan for a week from May 9~May 17. It is always so hard for me to leave my Shelby, but it is part of my job and I have to just accept it. I’m working so I can give Shelby everything she deserves!! Both Grandparents helped us out so much by helping Cale out. They alternated taking Shelby to/from daycare and helping Cale get her ready for bed. But Daddy, really stepped up to the plate this time and wasn’t totally dependent on them!! She was fed, changed, dressed, and ready to go in the morning when either Papa or Grandma H. got there in the morning. Other than one night, she slept great for daddy and he even had to wake her up one morning. (Figures)…

Speaking of sleep, Shelby has come along way in the last couple of months. She is sleeping through the night MOST nights and has moved her WAKING UP time from 5:30 to about 6:00~6:30! That is really helping Mommy’s mood out! She still has some rough nights as those teeth continue to come in!! She has 9 of them now and the 10th one is ready to pop!!

I did get to see Shelby almost every day when I was in Japan though! My daycare provider lent me an “internet video phone” and since they had the other end, I called in at 11:00pm Japan time to get Shelby at 10:00am. I think she was a bit confused when she saw me on the little screen but she blew me kisses every day and made my nights!!

We did have some big news in our family. Shelby has 2 new cousins!!! My brother & sister in law, Trevor & Tracie welcomed Lance Guy & Layla Grace Milton into our family on May 10, 2008 (yes, I was in Japan). They showed up 10 weeks early!!! They are quite small but both are fighters and grow stronger every day!! Shelby can’t wait to play with them!!!




Shelby is eating great….I think she may be going through a growth spurt…the Grandparents often accuse me of not feeding her, but I swear, I do, and often!!! She loves hot dogs, any kind of sausage, carrots, broccoli, cheese, watermelon, and avocados, just to name a few!!! She is also eating with a fork and really doing great at it!


She is so much fun right now, although the temper tantrums can get annoying. She loves being outside and throws a fit when she has to come in!!! She has 2 slides and a swing in the backyard and a tricycle to ride in the driveway!!!




Sorry this post is rambling, but it has been so long since I updated. I will try harder to keep on top of things!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see her!